Monday, March 12, 2007

Enjoying the weather


As I type this he's busy watering the yard while naked. Some older (8?) boys rode by on bikes and laughed at him. There was no pointing or obvious rudeness, but it wasn't an "aw how cute" laugh. I'm glad he's too young to know what they were laughing at. I think one of the reasons I love him to be naked is precisely because of this innocence. There isn't the slightest hint of akwardness or shame. It's so refreshing to be around. Plus he just loves it so much. I'll never forget one time when he wanted to be naked and jump around the bed so we pulled his shirt off and he threw his hands in the air and declared "NAKED!!!!" and laughed out loud. He's now held the water in one place so long he's made his own puddle. He was remembering playing in a puddle last night after a rainstorm and wanting to do it again. The storm last night was really his first since he's started talking so much. He didn't care for the thunder. He finally went to sleep but was awoken an hour later by a really loud crack. He wanted daddy on one side and me on the other to keep him safe. He nursed back to sleep but every time he would hear thunder, he would open his eyes and look at me, scared, as if to say "am I safe mama?" He's done with the water now and requested a popsicle. I gave him a homemade blueberry one and while lounging in a chair enjoying it he tells me "blueberry popsil really nummy, not bad". Today we were driving home and Thomas said "Thomas found it!" "What did you find baby?" "a pee chee". I looked around and saw an HEB. I said "you found HEB?" and he said "yeah!" I wonder how long he's known what HEB looks like....

No comments: