Sunday, March 26, 2006

And he's off...

I've been saying for months that this is what I wanted...I guess we'll see if I *really* wanted it. As of Friday, we officially have a walker. We've known for a while that he could do it and we've even gotten him on video walking but *he's* never thought of himself as a walker until Friday. Everything seemed normal Friday morning with him frantically grabbing my fingers before setting off, but then after his nap it had all changed. It's almost like he made new connections in his sleep or something. When he woke up he just slid off the bed (video of that later), turned around, and walked away! I wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first. So I kept picking him up and putting him down again to see if that little hand would wave in the air searching for mine, but he wanted none of it. You could see on his face the comprehension that he was doing it on his own.



Of course, he's also finally worked out this crawling business as well. He's a much more efficient walker though. Now all he has to master is standing up from a sitting position (without something to pull up on) and he won't need me anymore!! Ok, maybe he'll kind of need me...

No comments: